About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Who Wears Short Shorts?!"

Ok, so everyone and their mother knows about Nair...literally. It has been advertised on commercials as far as I can remember.
The new commercial, however, caught my attention. First off, marketing is everything. It can make or break the product your company is trying to sell. I will have to go on and say that Nair was freakin on it by remaking the 70's Nair commercial. Seriously, after watching the commercial the first time, i was pretty much sold on wanting to have smooth and toned legs (not that they can fix the tone part, but i'm working on that in the gym er'day!). After watching the commercial a dozen or so times over a period of days, i ran out and bought me a bottle of Nair. Sure nuff, the stuff is magical.

yeah yeah...i know you are probably like, "where the heck have you been and why are you just now trying this stuff?!?!" For the record, i tried it way back when i was in my freshman year of high school [without my moms permission. Eek!]. My mother didnt allow me to shave my legs with fear i would cut myself. Anyhoo, i tried it and the smell alone turned me off. It smelled like a perm burning my hair, so i kept it on for less than a minute with fear that the stuff was actually burning my skin and i would have to explain to my mom what happened. Can we say, fear of the death by a mothers hand is not a game?!?! LOL! Needless to say, it didnt work considering the fact that i didnt leave it on for the appropriate 3 minutes or more. I immediately disposed of the Nair thinking "it doesnt work and smells bad anyway", and never looked back until recently.

For years, i have had to shave my legs EVVVERRRRYDAY!!!! Like seriously, if i shaved my legs the night before going to bed, the very next morning, i wake up and feel stubble. Oh, and dont let me get cold and get goose bumps. My shaving and the time put into it is all a waste. Not to mention, all of my knicks and cuts caused from shaving have scarred my leggs. Not in a horrible way but in a way i notice it. Waxing is not an option!

Thank God, i have found my cure. I've tried Nair twice already within a couple of weeks of each other. The results are long lasting, my legs are super smooth for days, and when my hair grows back, it grows back finer. Reason is, as all of you know, Nair is a chemical that reaches below the surface unlike shaving that only cuts the hair slightly above skin level, leaving sharp edges to grow back. No, Nair doesnt smell any better from when i remember it way back when (even though the newer lotions advertise the scent of baby oil, melon, cocoa butter, etc., but thats the small price you pay for something that WORKS! Yay me!

So when the commercial says, "Who wears short shorts?" I can say, "I wear short shorts...or skirts!" Lol!

***Disclaimer***
I am not suggesting anyone else try it, but if you do, do it at your own risk. I do what works for me.
Nair lotions contains a substance called depilatories, which chemically breaks bonds between hair, making them bridle so just one touch could make them fall off your legs.
Since Nair has a chemical strong enough to break hair bonds, they already consider how that chemical will effect our skin. It may be hair removal lotion, but Nair hired some scientists to handle these problems. Ah, the science of hair removing. Along with depilatories, Nair creams exfoliate your legs by removing dead skin cells once the hair is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment