About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I heart Nail Art!

Anyone who knows me, knows that i love expressing myself in any way thats not permanent. So, no, i'm not the type that can do tattoos or locs (even though i have tried) because its too permanent and i like to change it up a bit. I use my nails and my hair as an outlet. My hair changes atleast once every 6 months to a year, although now i am trying to stay natural and grow it out for a while, though i will be coloring it soon.....maybe. Lol! Anyhoo, topic of discussion is nail art, so let me get right to it.

I love anything fun and different. I will pretty much wear any color or design on my nail as long as its my nail. I dont like the fake stuff! Well, Sally Hansen came out with this stick on polish stuff that i absolutely adore. It is so easy to apply and stays on for up to two weeks.


Recently, i heard about this technique called "Newspaper Nail Art." I know i'm probably way behind and everyone and their mother knows about it but me, but i think it is so cute and i can't wait to get home and try it. To pull it off, all you need is:

* newspaper
* base clear coat polish
* a light grey color polish (or whatever color you prefer)
* rubbing alcohol
* top clear coat polish

Instructions are easy. Simply apply a base clear coat polish to protect your nails. Once dry, apply the color of your choice, preferably gray or a light color and wait until nails are complety dry. Take a cap of some sort (large enough to dip your nail in) and fill it up with rubbing alcohol. It will serve as an adhesive of the inked words from the newspaper. Dip your nail in the alcohol for a few seconds and then place the piece of newspaper on top of your nail, gently pressing down on your nail. After a moment or so, remove the paper from the nail and Wah-lah!!! The letters are now on your nails. Cover with a top clear coat. To remove any ink from around your nail, just take a qtip with alcohol and rub gently.

This is what it will look like....i hope.


Try it if you're bold! ;-)

SincerelyNiah.

2 comments:

  1. oh i love that yellow..and the newspaper nail art looks awesome! hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! i am also hosting a LIMITED EDITION giveaway by the amazing Lark Calderon Gomez!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolina! Thanks for the comment. I adore Lark Calderon Gomez's work. I'll be sure to enter your giveaway. :-)

    ReplyDelete