About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The NEW Teen Pop Culture

I am on the verge of freaking out!!! My daughter, who to me was literally just rolling over in diapers yesterday is turning 9 in less then 2 short weeks. Soon, she will be a teenager!! Wait...baby steps. I dont want to think that far. Anyway, i've noticed that she is really into pop music, fashion, singing, dancing and everything that consists of being a little girl on her way to her teens. I love to watch her sing and dance and even more, i love the fact that there are decent boy band groups and girl singers that i'm okay with her listening too. I can't stand the thought of her listening to Souljah Boy, New Boyz or anything like that. There are some things that i will allow her to listen to, but only from her Kidz Bop cd, which is a way clean and much edited version.

Right now she is listening to groups like Lemonade Mouth and Mindless Behavior or individuals like Willow Smith and Selena Gomez. Point is, she is still being a kid. My heart drops when i see these young kids singing songs that even adults shouldnt listen too or find them in the parking lot of my apartments dropping it like its hot with other kids and ADULTS cheering them on. :-O. REALLY?!?! My daughter looks at them and says with her own words, "That is so inappropriate!" LOL! I love it!

My daughters very first video shoot! She was the lead girl. :-)


How can you resist how cute these little boys are?!?!

Willow is a little fashionista in her own right and definitely something to be reconged with. This little 10 year old has the voice of a 20 sumthin year old. Very talented and i love the fact that her creativity teaches my daughter to be herself and be free with creative thoughts.

Ashanti having fun with her fall fashion. Let's see what she puts together this fall.
Too Cute for words!

A young latina girl, Selena Gomez, making it in this world and doing great things is also a good inspiration for my young aspiring actress. Especially considering her latin roots. :-)

All of this talk only makes me flash back to my childhood and pop music in my time. I was in love with me some New Kidz on the Block [don't judge me] and of course some New Edition. To follow would be Another Bad Creation and Immature. Off the top of my head, i can't remember the girl groups or individuals i like, but naturally, you will remember the boy bands if you're a girl like me with major crushes on them!!! LOL!

NE Heartbreak all day! I had the biggest crush on Ralph! And he's still cute. Yeah, i said it!!! Lol!

Jordan was my favorite because he could dance his butt off!!!

This was one of my favorite albums!!!

"At the playground...you know. Plaaayyyyggrrrouuunddd....awww yeah!" Lol! Don't act like you don't remember. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment