About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

They said i had to go to rehab, but i said...NO! NO! NO!

As you all know, i am a product junkie!!! Yeah, i said it and i'm not shamed to admit it! Well....a little, but don't judge me. Lol! I buy any and everything on an impulse. if i think it may give my hair a little extra umph in enhancing my curls, loosening my curl pattern, giving it shine or just making it FIERCE, i will try it!!!

I have tried everything from henna treatments to making my own concoctions and just about anything that claims to be organic or geared towards natural hair. I really need to step back and just try a few things at a time and create a staple, so to rehab i go....

What i noticed works for me right now are the following:

- For Shampoo, either Aussie Moist Shampoo or Yes to Carrots, which is my favorite! Smells soooo good! (target)


- For co-wash, Aussie Moist Conditioner (target)


- After co-wash or shampoo, Giovanni Direct Leave-In (VitaminShoppe)


- For Deep Condition treatment, Generic Biolage (from Sallys), mixed with Organic Honey and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Whole Foods) that i mix together myself.


- For styling of my TWA or to define my curls and hold them, Eco Styler w/Olive Oil. (Sallys)


- Sealant and or twists, Organic unrefined shea butter (Online...can't remember the site. Eek! ) mixed with coconut oil <---(VitaminShoppe) Shout out to NaturallyCandi for the recipe!

All i want now to keep moisture in my hair is a Huetiful Steamer and i will be the happiest person on this earth!!!! ( i hope my boyfriend is reading this....hint hint! ;-p)

There you have it! This product junkie is officially in rehab. I wont try or buy anything new until i run out of all of these products. Lord knows i will definitely save some money.

Tootles chicas and stay fab. :-)

SincerelyNiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment