About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summertime heat, natural hair, & oily skin!

Today in the DMV (DC, MD, No. VA area), it is supposed to get up to a whopping 100 degrees with an index of 101 to 105 degrees. Can you say blazing?!?! Its so hot, the devil is pissed and sitting in a corner somewhere fanning.

Needless to say, this heat is making me drink more and more water with lemon to stay hydrated and have a good vitamin c in take. However, the heat is still putting a toll on my hair and my skin. The water i drink keeps my skin somewhat hydrated, but because i've been working out more and sweating more because of all that i drink, i'm still loosing out slightly. I can literally see the difference in my skin when i dont have enough water. It starts to look dull and lack of life no matter how much moisturizer i put on or the amount of blush to rosey up my cheeks. One thing it does do for sure is getting super oily when outside. I blot my face with facial tissues, which is a very temporary fix and rubs off my makeup a little bit, which i hate because i really dont like to have to touch up my makeup more than once a day.

In regards to my hair....what do i say?!?! I can DC (deep condition) all day everyday, co-wash, use a leave-in conditioner...it doesnt matter. During this heat, my hair soaks up water and any product. if it doesnt soak it up, i can later find it running down my neck. There's no winning. I'm in dyer need to find something that will keep my hair moisturized during these hot summer days and winter that is soon to follow.

I've been doing a little research and i have found a couple of things i want to try to rid myself of oily skin and dry-undefined curls-no matter how much product you use-hair! :-)

For my oily skin, i found Pallido Rice Paper Powdered Blotting Tissue.

Palladio rice paper tissues "natural" [also comes in translucent and beige] is a very unique, oil-absorbing two-sided tissue made with natural rice which is much gentler for the skin compares to pulp. With added rice powder to eliminate shine and to leave skin feeling and looking smoother. Use to blot off excess oil that causes skin blemishes. The matte side (without powder) is for blotting to absorb the excess oils and the powdered side is for finishing. Packaged in a pull out tissue component with the convenience of fitting in a purse.

In short:
* Made with rice instead of pulp
* Powder-coated for continued oil control
* Eliminate shine and skin imperfections
* Ideal for midday touchups

As for my hair goes, i have been from vblog to vblog and heard raving reviews about Huetiful Hair Steamer.

Huetiful Hair Steamers are designed specifically for your unique wavy or curly hair. We understand that your hair creates unique hair frustrations that can never seem to disappear. Dry hair, breakage, split ends, or dandruff? A Huetiful brand hair steamer can resolve all of these frustrations and allow you to stop buying multiple deep conditioners and hair treatments that never seem to completely restore enough moisture back to your dry hair.

Huetiful Brand Steamers have multiple benefits:
* Restores moisture to your dry hair 5x better than deep conditioners or hair treatments alone
* Opens up your hair cuticle to allow your conditioners and hair treatments to work more effectively
* Bathes your hair follicle with warm, ionized mist to replenish moisture lost from chemical or heat treatments
* Reduces future breakage and split ends caused by dry hair
* In colder months, keeps weather-dried hair moisturized and strong


You can find both of these products here:
Huetiful Hair Steamer - http://www.behuetiful.com/store/index.php (or Amazon)
Palladio Rice Paper Powdered Blotting Tissues - www.Amazon.com

Who can ask for anything more?!?! I'm excited to try both products in the the next coming months and i'll be back to give my results! :-)

SincerelyNiah

No comments:

Post a Comment