About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Monday, June 6, 2011

New Growth!!!

When i used to perm my hair, i dreaded new growth. To me it was a thick mass of a tangled mess. Now that i am a natural head, i yern for the day to see more new growth. Its exciting and i absolutely love to watch my kinky coils sprout up!!! I literally feel like a mommy, welcoming her new born baby coils after much preperation and nurturing of my head. heehee!!! With that, i am happy to say that i now have a baby TWA. My hair went from being shaved completely off on March 10, 2011 just days before my born day...

and now to this beautiful head of kinky coils...


i love love love my hair in the state it's in. often times, i get caught up in other hair blogs and vblogs on youtube where people are showing off their long beautiful locs of curls (as they should) and i get excited about when my hair will finally be SL (Shoulder Length) or BSL (Bra Strap Length). However, i have to pull back and be thankful for what i have now. Soon, i will be wishing it was a TWA, which is awesome for wash and goes or mist and go...literally. The longer natural hair gets, the more work it becomes, and even though its exciting to think about all the many styles i could rock, i'm not in a rush to feel the agony and pain of my arms being sore from twisting my hair all night or my neck hurting from a henna treatment. So in the meantime, i'm loving my happy baby kinky coils during this great summer weather. :-)

SincerelyNiah

No comments:

Post a Comment