About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Monday, June 27, 2011

7 Day Detox...Day 4



Agony i tell you!!! Okay, so i didnt blog on Day 2 or 3 because i figured i could sum it up with no problem. here goes.

On the eve of Day 1, everything seemed to be going normal. I got off of work, went home and had a few pieces of fruit and then headed to the gym to get in a good work out. All was well until that evening. I laid there in bed to only feel like there was a rollercoaster ride going on in my stomach. And the saga begins, i thought to myself. I'll spare you the details but i will say that i was privately tucked away for a good 30 minutes. After that, i was exhausted and in bed early.

DAY 2 (saturday)
Saturday, i took the appropriate dosage of 4 pills in the a.m. and stayed home for the most part of the morning. I noticed that after eating anything....literally, even a piece of fruit, things start moving around in my belly and soon after, i find my self in the private place again. Later that afternoon, we decided to finally get out of the house and meet up with a friend for lunch. I played it safe and had plenty of water and a appetizer side of sweet potato fries from my favorite restaurant, Busboys and Poets, while everyone else indulged on brunch filled will their famous Langston Hughes french toast, buckwheat pancakes, cheese eggs, grits and fruit. i was missing out but i was satisfied with my yummy fries. By that evening, i was still doing ok. I ate a small dinner and took my final dosage of 4 more pills before i went to bed and all was well.

DAY 3 (sunday)
All was well when i woke up at the crack of dawn around 7:30am. Stretched and laid there in bed for a moment thinking about going to the 9am service at church. Well....not so much. By 8:15am, i was cramped over and running to the nearest throne. No way was i going to deal with this while at church trying to get in a good sermon. No can do. By 9:30am, i was visiting the throne again. Wow! This wouldve been all bad, had i left the house. So far, this seems to only be a morning thing. Yet and still, i took my 4 pills to stay on schedule. By mid day, i'm back to normal and my happy go lucky self. Unfortunately, i havent been back to the gym because i over did it the first day. My legs are so tight, i can barely walk. Now add that with trying to run to the bathroom for a horrible episode of....well, you know.
Later that evening, i went outside of my comfort zone and had 2 slices of cheese pizza. I was a little nervous of the dairy thing, but turns out, everything was okay. I popped 4 more pills and went to bed.

DAY 4 (monday)
i woke up feeling like i didnt sleep at all. if i were crazy, i wouldve thought i was 6 months pregnant with a baby in my belly moving and kicking. Needless to say, i'm not preggers, but the agony of it all kept me in bed for a couple of hours later than unsual. I made it to work 2 hours late, but i made it regardless. the day went smooth until i felt the need to treat myself to a cheeseburger. BAD IDEA!!! My belly has not had meat in 4 days (probably longer) and i was subjecting it to that out of my own selfishness. Hey, it's gloomy outside, cold inside and i'm bored out of my mind. what was a girl to do?!?!? AVOID MEAT AT ALL COST....but oh no, i had to have it. Well, i learned my lesson. no more meat for a while. At least until this detox is over.

All in all, i'm happy with my results. Just in 4 days, i feel light, lost a couple of pounds and moreso in my waist. My almost visible muffin top is pretty much gone. Its really making me feel like my work out at the gym is worth it now. 3 more days to go and maybe even a couple of more inches from my waist line.

Update to come in a couple of days. :-)

SincerelyNiah

No comments:

Post a Comment