About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Doing me [a little better]!

Lately, I have been restless, emotional, easily annoyed, fatigued, overly sensitive, tired and just plain ole BLAH! I've come to the conclusion that i must be lacking some very important essentials in my life.

Since the summer began, i have been getting it in with the parties and hanging out. I mean literally, i have been on the go non-stop and it's starting to wear on me just like the commute is wearing on my car too and from work. That's another blog though. My body is not used to this and is threatening to shut down. Proof came to me when i became ill with the worst cold ever just a few weeks ago. I sounded like i had a smokers cough and it hurt like nobody's business. it was horrible, for a lack of better words! Then i became light headed at random times of the day very frequently. Not to mention, every and any little thing fired me up. That is not me at all!!! Everyone knows me to be optimistic no matter the situation.

After picking a fight with my boyfriend last night over something so silly, we hung up and took a minute to really think things over.

So before i end up losing my job, my man and peace of mind, I came up with this:
* I'm woman, so i have a natural characteristic of being emotional.
* I am emotional because my body feels heavy, bloated and i don't feel attractive.
* I am miserable because my emotions and being overly sensitive has caused my lack of great communication skills with my right hand man, my boo, my love, my bestfriend [all one in the same]
* Falling ill simply came from my atmosphere of sick colleagues but also, my horrible eating habits, depriving my body of a balanced nutritional diet.
* I have had an extreme lack of energy because my workout regimen has ceased to exist.

All of this has been too much and something has to change immediately. After talking to one of my closest girlfriends yesterday, I am now amped with starting a full body detox system. Not just the one that will help with my bloat feeling, but one to relax, relate and release all of the negative energy i have been feeling and in retrospect, giving off.

These are some things i need to do daily for my journey, which to me has no destination, but is more of a constant that should exist in my daily life.

Water...atleast 64 ounces a day (the 8 x 8 rule)


Sleep...I know it sounds corny but i want to be in bed by 10pm on a school night even though all the good reality shows don't come on until 10. bah-hum-bug!


Food...I pride myself on eating healthy but lawd knows i gets it in at Chipotle, sometimes more than i should. Note to self, Gaucamole on my burrito bowl does not serve as my vegetable intake for the day. ugh! Lol!


Exercise...one day i want to be able to say, "I am Fifty, Fit, Fine and Fabulous!!!" I can't wait until i'm 50 to start though. So, a consistant work out is necessary starting today!


Detox...Sometimes, a little extra is needed to rid your body of toxins, parasites and a whole lot of other sh*t! [pun intended]. LOL!
I'm looking forward to rebuilding my great habits and accomplishing my daily goals.


Prayer...Last but surely not least and THE most imporant thing is prayer. I need my spiritual life to be just as strong with my physical life. It keeps my faith and emotions in tact.








My 7-day detox will start on Sunday morning including working out, eating right and drinking lots of water, so please so a little prayer for a sista and i will keep you all posted on my progress.

Getting healthier is my new gig! Besides, i'm addicted to my happiness and if i'm not getting my daily fix, i turn into a hot emotional, tired, mean mess! LOL! SMILE!

SincerelyNiah

No comments:

Post a Comment