About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Friday, June 24, 2011

7 Day Detox...Day 1


So, today i begin my detox. I'm super excited to get off this unwanted weight caused by toxins and a whole lot of other things that i wont go into detail about. At the same time, i'm super nervous. My body is very sensitive to just about anything and reacts very fast. Literally!! If i take an antibiotic, it works almost instantly. i even have hyperpigmentation, because my body works fast at healing itself. Its all a good thing because it tells me my immune system is at top notch, however, doing a detox is a big deal. The product i chose to take with the appropriate name "The Cleaner" [pun intended i'm sure] is said to work and work very rapidly, like within the first couple of days.

With The Cleaner, you take 4 vegetarian pills on the evening of the first day and 8 pills a day [4 in the morning and 4 in the evening] for the remaining 6 days. I just knew that i would be sitting on the throne first thing this morning after taking the first 4 last night. So far, i'm good, however, i'm at work now and the thought of having to handle my business here makes me so uncomfortable. Thank God its Friday! I'm praying that nothing starts until i get home.

During this detox, it doesnt specify food to stay away from. Because the pills are all natural, made up of vegetables and fruits, it provides all the vitamins and minerals needed to not only flush your system of toxins and parasites but also replenish the things your body requires. However, during this time, i have to stay totally hydrated. 8-10 glasses of water a day and thats a struggle for me, but i have no choice or i will be out of commission for the next week.

Anyway, to help my detox along, i've decided to stay clear of all meats....yeah, i said it...ALL MEATS, dairy products, salt, wheat, fast food and anything with the ingredient "High Fructose". I will be a bonafide vegan for the next week. To substitute, i will eat lots of beans, fruits, veggies and maybe even try tofu. I'm not going to stay clear of carbs, but i will minimize my intake especially white products like white bread, white rice and so on.

So why did i decide to do a detox? Toxins and poisons can build up and accumulate in the body leading to poor nutrient absorption, feeling tired and weight gain. By clearing out these toxins you allow the body to recover and ‘reset’ itself back to normal levels.

Many other benefits of detoxing that others have experienced are increased energy levels, clear skin, better water retention and reduced tendencies for food addiction. And truth be told, i am addicted to food. I really believe that eating is one of my most favorite hobbies! :-)

So stay tuned for my daily detox as i will keep you all posted on my journey.

SincerelyNiah

Disclaimer: I'm not a physician and cannot give medical advise. I am only trying what i think works for me. Please consult your physician before making a decision to detox.

No comments:

Post a Comment