About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Featured on my Favorite Blog! Yay Me!!!

Friday, June 3rd could go down in history as one of the worst days in my working career. Maybe it was a.) the horrible traffic on the drive in, which made my commute 2 hours long or it couldve been b.) the fact that i am underpaid and over worked, or better yet, it could be that i am c.) being taken advantage of because the economy is in a crisis and upper management knows they have their employees by the nails. How about d.) all of the above. I'm sure many can relate to my issue, so i will take it all with a grain of salt until God blesses me with better. But back to the story at hand, i was determined to not let this Friday get the best of me and ruin my evening with my sweetheart, so what did i do? I went to my favorite website, www.curlynikki.com for a quick pick me up.

Yes, i love anything dealing with natural hair like a fat kid loves cake!!! i needed a quick fix, so i logged on right away with 5 minutes left in my day. What do i see as soon as i log in?!?!? A huge picture of me!!! Yup! There i was looking at a picture of myself and having a flashback of when i emailed my hair story to Nikki to maybe someday post in her "On The Couch" segment of her website. I was elated, astonished, excited....all to say the least. No sooner when she posted my story were there comments of encouragement from other natural ladies and some letting me know i wasnt the only one to go through what i went through. It was definitely a tear jerker to read some of the comments and i appreciated every last one. God works in mysterious ways!!!! I needed that more than anyone knows. I'm grateful that Nikki allowed to be used as a vessel to post my very personal story.

To view this post, please copy and paste this link: http://www.curlynikki.com/2011/06/on-couch-with-niah.html#comments and drop a comment. I appreciate all the love i can get! ;-)

Tootles,
SincerelyNiah

No comments:

Post a Comment