About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Vintage at its best


Spring is FINALLY here (well, still feels like winter), but technically it is Spring. It's my favorite time of year. The sun is out, the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing and it all makes me want to shop!!!

I'm not your typical shopping girl that runs to the mall and gets excited about running from store to store. Nope...not me at all. I'm a pisces, which consists of me being creative, so i like to mix it up a bit and make it WERRRKKK!!! LOL! When it's time to shop, i go straight for vintage.

Normally, i keep it local and try to find vintage shops in the DC, MD, VA area, but not this year. I plan to venture out. I hear Philly is the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to vintage shops, so i think i'm going to give it a go.

I look back on all the fantastic outfits my mother wore back in the day and i think to myself, "Sheesh, i wish my mother kept all of her clothes from when she was younger." From high waisted fitted jeans and high waisted pencil skirts, to the gorgeous hats with the short mesh veils in the front. i just LOVE IT!!! It's all so funny to me because my daughter begs me now to keep all of my clothes so that she can wear them when she gets older. I take that as a compliment, so i must oblige!!!

I must say, one of my favorite things to shop for when it comes to vintage is the accessories. More along the lines of handbags, the oversized clutches, sunglasses and the jewelry. I guess this is why i favor star actress Tracee Ellis Ross from the hit tv show 'Girlfriends' and also the daughter of Diana Ross.

Tracee Ross' style is so beautiful to me. In my opinion, she defines elegance, classic, chic, edgy and vintage. No matter what she wears, honey is fierce!!! From baggy pants and a blazer, to a dress that can make the red carpet blush, honey is always on point with elegance!

This is a woman who embraces her curves, her nappturality, simplicity, her sense of being bold.....in short, she exudes confidence and to me, that is what every woman should do. I don't care if you are full figured, hour glass shaped or skinny as a twig, be fearless honey!!! WERKKK!!!

On a vintage note, its all about doing and wearing what feels good to you. If you wear it with confidence, than that is what shows. Vintage isnt for everyone for sure, but i dare you to give it a twirl.

sincerelyniah...xoxoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment