About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Friday, April 15, 2011

My name is Niah and I'm a product junkie!


For a natural newbie, you can turn into a product junkie as myself before you know it. I was excited to see my hair grow into its baby 'fro shape. At the first sign of a curls, i was off to the store buying any and everything that i thought would help enhance my curl , bring out the shine and make my hair super soft and easy to manage. Its the fun part at the beginning of your journey but it can become very pricey. At some point in your journey (atleast within 6 months), you should be able to determine which products work best for your hair.

Well, trying to purchase a house, i am deteremined to put myself on a budget. With that being said, i have limited myself to the basics. They consist of :

•Moisturizing shampoo - Suave (Coconut scented)

•Clarifying shampoo (if you have product build-up)- baking soda does the trick

•Emulsifying conditioner - Carol's Daughters 'Tui Hair Smoothie'

•Styling cream or gel - Paul Mitchell sculpting foam and foam pommade (courtesy of my girl Camille! Woot Woot!)
•Natural hair oil - Carol's Daughters 'Lisa's Hair Elixir'

•Leave-in-conditioner - Aveda Elixir (which is discontinued, so i'm using a little at a time trying to hold on to it) or Cantu Shea Butter cream.



I am absolutely in love with Carols daughter moisturizing products. They can be pricey but they can go a long way. Once you get to learn your hair more, you will be able to create your own smoothies that work best for your hair. This is all the fun part about being napptural. Have fun and PLAY WIT IT! Heehee!!!

p.s. pictures of my growth coming to a blog near you. ;-)

Sincerelyniah xoxoxo!

2 comments:

  1. great info! what's name of the brand for the clarifying shampoo? is it Suave?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any one of your favorite line of hair care products should have a clarifying shampoo. However, one of my favorites is Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy Clarifying Shampoo. It can be costly ($16) depending on where you find it, but its worth it. And you dont need much, so it last for a very long while. But as mentioned, baking soda and water does the same exact thing, if not better.

    ReplyDelete