About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fetish...

fet-ish [fet-ish, fee-tish] - noun
an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.

i'm not usually one to have a fetish, but when i do, i am frenzied! I mean literally!!!!


First it was lip balm. Yes, i have admitted to having a slight addiction to lip balm, but hey, everyone has their poison and thank God, mine isn't deadly. Currently, my lip balm of choice is Nivea A Kiss of Moisture. IT IS THE TRUTH!!! You can thank me later. :-)

Back to the topic at hand. My fetish for the past couple of months has been nail polish. Crazy right?!?!? Well, not to me. Here's the thing. I am in love with change, i am in love with innovation. change is the only consistent thing in life and that is why i have learned and accepted to adapt to it the best way i know how. I change my hair at least every 6 months or sometimes less than that. In one year, i went from natural, to permed straight long to my shoulders, a blunt straight cut with a bold blunt bang, short "Victoria Beckham" cut, then back to shaved off natural again. My hair is my playground. Better yet, it is my canvas and when i get bored with the way it looks, i wipe that canvas clean and paint something new. i hate the question, "girl, when are you gonna just stick to one hairstyle?!" What?!?! Why?!? The world is full of changes, so why should i stick to the same thing. no no boo boo! Not this one.

Moving on...


Since i have recently shaved my hair off, i have been excited to change something else. So what better to change then my nail color and design?! Its so much fun and i literally change it weekly if not sooner. I have a large drawer in my dresser specifically for my plethora of nail polishes. I have every color imaginable. My favorite for the fall season is called "circus elephant". I LOVE IT!!! And i have gotten so many compliments on it. Other than that, my favs have been this deep lilac purple, teal, hot pink, yellow, mint green, moon over mambai, tickle me francey, and teenage dream just to name a few.


Right now, i am amped about trying this, not new but still fly, design. Its called minx nails.

Minx nails are made from flexible films which are applied with heat and pressure and does not require any drying time.
So....Imagine peeling nail polish...only ALOT more fabulous. Only a few select salons perform this magic, so check for listings in your area. When i get mine finished, i'll let you know the outcome.









Sally Hansen has tried to replicate it, but trust and believe, they can't do it like Minx. It may be a little bit more cost effective, but "Quality over quantity" is what i always says. However, if you are on a budget and not good with painting your own nails, i would definitely give Sally Hansens line a shot. It's $10 for a box of 16 strips and i hear the application is very simple if you follow the instructions. They also have a huge selection of styles, which is really cool i think.


Have fun! xoxoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment