About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sleepless in Seattle


So, i have just returned from what i would consider, an amazing vacation in Seattle. It was my first trip out West and i wouldnt change one thing about it. From the fresh clear air, to the beautiful scenic views of green pastures, trees galore and mountains. Not to mention, the calmness of the town. I mean, no one was in a rush to get anywhere, unlike New York and DC. The people smile at you in passing, its colorful and and and....just FRESH! I swear, there is no pollution in the air over there. No humidity. Maybe i just went during a good time of year, but i'm going to chop it up as just being an amazing place to live.



Besides the great scenery, i was able to spend this great vacay with my love who is from there. i was so blessed to meet his entire family and childhood friends. We had such an amazing time. Like literally, lots of laughs, great food, discussions on various topics and partying. i understand moreso now why i have such an amazing man in my life. he has been surrounded by amazing people. there was so much love in one house. between his parents, his sisters, cousins, nieces, nephews, uncles, aunts and friends who are considered family. Everyone took me in as if i were a part of the family. I felt so welcomed. Spent time working in the yard getting my hands dirty, which i love and helping his mom prepare for her birthday party. and talk about food....i ate enough to gain all 10 lbs i lost before i got there. Lol! I'm talking about crab, shrimp, chicken and sausage gumbo, teriyaki joints, barbeque, and so much more. i'm getting hungry again thinking about it. yummmm!!!!

There is so much more i could say about this trip, but in a nutshell, Seattle was awesome and i look forward to going back real soon. really really soon. Sleep was not an option. I was like a baby fighting sleep because he/she doesnt want to miss a thing! I was that baby for the last 5 days. Lol! I'm paying for it now, but it was so worth it. Oh, and can we say NO HUMIDITY!!!!! A huge plus. Ahhhh....i can go on for days, but i will leave it at that for now. I may have to say peace out to the East Coast and heeellllloooooo West Coast. :-)


Smooches!

2 comments: