About Me

My photo
I am a daughter, sister, auntie, niece and mother. i am a woman. i am honest, loving and loyal but don't cross me. with that being said, i'm also a self acclaimed comedian. i'm a people person and a people watcher. i'm simply niah.

Monday, September 20, 2010

He loves me....

So, yesterday was not a good day for me. I felt like i was mourning the loss of a good friend. In retrospect, i kind of was. I felt like i had lost myself; like i died inside. Well, to avoid the thoughts and pain that i felt, i decided to take my daughter and her friend to the Black Luv Fest in DC. it was my first experience and Lord knows, i needed to feel all the love i could get. it was a decent turn out. I ran into a lot of old friends and even made a new one. Well for that moment. It was definitely a breath of fresh air to talk to someone and not think of my current woes.
The festival was coming to an end and it was time to go. The weather was dropping as the sun began to set. Me and the girls hurried to buy a funnel cake for the road and said goodbye to the festival. I had to take my daughters friend home who lives in Manassas and i figured i could take I66, but today, i wanted to take my time. I was in no hurry to go home and deal with the silent sound of my heart breaking. So the long scenic route was my choice. We got on George Washington Memorial Parkway headed towards 495.
For the first time ever, i noticed there is a place on the side of the road called "Scenic Overlook". I passed it wishing i would have stopped, but to my surprise, another one was coming up. I hurried to pull in and parked my car. I felt so overwhelmed and needed some fresh air. Me and the girls got out of the car and looked as far as the eye could see. It was beautiful...literally breath taking! Something about nature always brings me peace. At that moment, while the girls looked down and noticed the rocks, the river and the camp site, i took a moment to say a silent prayer to God. I needed to find solace in my current situation. Tears begin to stream down my face, but i abruptly wiped them away before the girls could notice.

About 10 minutes later, it was time to go. I gathered the girls and headed towards the car. Before i could reach the car, my thoughts were interrupted by my daughter. "Mommy look! A heart!" I was in a rush to brush it off so that i could get in the car, but something told me to stop and take notice of what she was talking about. I didnt want to be so consumed in my pain, frusturation and saddness that i would ignore her. So i stopped, turned back and looked for what she was speaking of. I look down to where she pointed and there it was; a leaf that had fallen from the new autumn weather that was in the perfect shape of a heart. I knew then that God was speaking to me. He was answering my prayers. My prayer of needing to know He was there and that He loved me and could love me past my pain. I looked up at her and with the precious look of an angel, she smiled. I knew then that God used my child to speak to me. As we took our attention away from this beautiful leaf, we started to walk to the car and no sooner than when we reached the car did a nice wind blow and several more of those perfectly heart shaped leaves blew around us. God was still speaking to me. Surrounding me with his love. That meant more to me than anything. For the first time, i was able to breathe and feel at peace. He loves me and He's not letting me go through this alone!!!! *Singing* "yes Jesus loves me...yes Jesus loves me...yeeeesss Jesus loves me, for the bible tells me so."

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! It left tears in my eyes. I am going through a similiar journey! Please know that I'm here for you and I'm glad you had the opportunity to listen to God's precious gift to us; nature. I love you; honey! You're such a beautiful and rare soul! You're my soul sistah! Enjoy this journey of life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady! My apologies for the late response, but i'm glad you were able to relate to the journey i was going through at that time. Thank you for being there for me and i love you back! :-)

    ReplyDelete